Happy Music Monday Guys! Sorry I’ve been a little m.i.a. lately. Kicking off this year I have launched several exciting projects that I will also soon share here at IndieWritersReview. One of the projects is my hosting a new video chat for those in the Punk genre over at Inside SteamPunkery! Plus of course we’re still chatting with the very talented and fabulous authors and musicians in Indietainment over at our radio podcast IndieReview Behind The Scenes!
But back to business bringing awesome authors and musicians here as well at IndieWritersReview!
So today I like to throw the spotlight on Canberra/Seattle-based electronic duo Vallis Alps!
DUO: Parissa Tosif and David Ansari!
Parissa Tosif and David Ansari are Canberra/Seattle-based electronic duo Vallis Alps. Their music blends down-tempo, piano-driven melodies and acoustic guitar with 80’s pop synths and gritty trap beats to compliment their half-nostalgic, half- foretelling lyrics.
Since releasing their independent self-titled debut EP in Jan 2015, the pair’s mesmerizing tunes have clocked over 2+ million SoundCloud plays (27, 000 of which appeared in the first 24 hours) and peaked at #1 on Hype Machine upon release. On the strength of their music alone, Vallis Alps were named as triple j Unearthed, AIR and FBi Radio feature artists and were more recently included as Zan Rowe’s ‘Song You Need To Hear’ on CBC’s Public Radio Picks. They also continued to make their mark on the Aus iTunes Electronic Album and Singles Chart for ‘Young’ at #2 and #23 respectively, debuting in the Top 100 ARIA singles chart – an impressive feat for a new independent act.
The Vallis Alps EP is available on iTunes now.
- Vallis Alps “Young” listed on CBC’s “Public Radio’s Picks”
- Vallis Apls “Young” listed on Triple J as Top Track of 2015 So Far
- Vallis Alps Land Two Debuts On Carlton Dry Indie Charts
- Vallis Alps “Young” featured on Indieshuffle
- Vallis Apls self titled EP featured on Hilly Dilly
- Vallis Alps announce debut Australian Tour
- Vallis Alps “Young” featured on Majestic Casual
- Vallis Alps featured on The 405
- Vallis Alps “Young” featured on Air